Welcome to my first recipe post folks! 😊 I thought this would be the perfect time for sharing my easy bruschetta recipe since we all start preparing more homemade food. I grew up on Mediterranean cuisine so I'm a big fan of everything with olive oil and herbs. I've been making this bruschetta recipe for years and it's one of my favorite recipes of all time. It doesn't require any cooking skills and fail-proof every time. For me, bruschettas are the perfect match with a bottle of wine OR even with a hot cup of freshly brewed tea. The most important part of the recipe is you need to serve it promptly. Otherwise, the bread will soften as time goes on and I'm pretty sure we all prefer crispy bruschettas!
2 cloves of garlic
1 cup cherry tomatoes
1/4 red onion
3 tablespoons of chopped black olives
1/2 cup fresh basil
thick balsamic vinegar
optional: 1 dessert spoon of pesto or parmesan powder
- Preheat the oven to 180° and line your baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice your baguette diagonally ( I used 15 pieces for this recipe).
- Combine the crushed garlic and olive oil and brush each slice of bread with the mixture on both sides.
- Bake slices of bread until they are crispy and golden (10-15 minutes)
- In a bowl, mix diced cherry tomatoes and red onions, chopped fresh basil and black olives.
- Season the mixture with salt and olive oil. If you have you can add a dessert spoon of pesto as well.
- Top each toast with tomato mixture ( if there is excess juice drain it off to keep toasts crispy).
- Drizzle thick balsamic vinegar on top. - You can also sprinkle some parmesan powder.
- Enjoy !
Hopefully, you guys like this recipe as much as me and my husband! Don't hesitate to send me photos when you have tested. And stay tuned to Instagram because I'll be sharing IGTV video of the recipe and more recipes during this week!